The Academy has a simple and smart uniform which we expect all students to wear.
- Blazer with Academy logo (compulsory).
- Tie in house colours with logo (compulsory).
- White blouse or shirt tucked into waistband with top button fastened.
- Plain black trousers or plain black skirt, knee or ankle length.
- Plain black jumper with or without sleeves (optional – but no cardigans).
- Plain black socks.
- Plain black leather-type polishable shoes, not trainers or trainer style.
- Salwar Kameez, headscarves and turbans should be a plain colour.
- A school bag large enough to hold all equipment and an A4 folder.
Blazers and ties should be worn at all times. Outdoor coats may be a variety of colours but should be smart, ideally waterproof and not covered in lettering.
Ankle boots may be worn underneath trousers but should be smart and polishable. Shoes and boots must have a flat sole or have a low heel.
Examples of suitable footwear
Jewellery and Safety
For health and safety reasons, we also ask students to observe these rules:
- One pair of small stud earrings may be worn (one earring per ear) but should not be excessively large. If the Academy considers that earrings present a health and safety risk, the student will be instructed to remove them.
- One small nose stud may be worn. Multiple studs are not allowed. No other facial piercings.
- Earrings and nose studs must be removed for PE lessons.
- Long hair must be tied back for PE and practical Science lessons (please provide students with a bobble).
- Other jewellery should not be worn and students will be asked to remove it.
- Academy sports top with logo.
- Academy tracksuit top (compulsory for Year 7 students in September 2021, optional for other students)
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms made from shell-suit-type material with single small white logo OR plain black shorts
- Black football socks for Autumn/Winter outdoor activities; black or white calf length socks for indoor or Spring/Summer activities.
- Trainers (can be any colour).
- Shin pads for football or hockey.
- Football boots (from September 2021 – can be any colour)
- Baseball caps are not allowed to be worn at any time while on the Academy site. Hats or hoods must not be worn inside the Academy.
- No hoodies, sports jackets or tracksuit tops.
- No nail extensions, false nails and/or brightly coloured nail varnish.
- No extreme hairstyles (e.g. bright unnatural colours, patterns or lines shaved in hair).
- No small bags (pouches) – students must bring a school bag that is large enough to carry all of their equipment including an A4 sized folder.
- Chewing gum and energy drinks are not permitted and will be confiscated.
- Other banned items include any item that is deemed underage or has the potential to cause harm to others. Please see our Behaviour Procedures for further information.
Please use the Uniform Discrepancy section at the back of the Student Planner to report any uniform issues to your child’s Form Teacher. If there is an issue with an item of uniform your child will be issued with a Uniform Exemption Card. They will be asked to correct the item of uniform as soon as possible; the Form Teacher may speak to family to offer some assistance.
Where to Buy Uniform
Our suppliers are CC Uniforms.
The Academy blazer, tie and PE sports top must be purchased from here, other items may be purchased from retailers of your choice, provided they meet the requirements on this list.
Support with Academy Uniform
You may be untitled to apply for a voucher worth £25 to support you in buying your child’s Academy uniform.
Please find the criteria and further details on how to apply here.
Applications must be made via the Sandwell website and you must have a mySandwell account to apply online. We cannot accept applications and do not issues vouchers from school – it is done as part of the Sandwell scheme and we have been assured by contacts at Sandwell that the system is up and running and working.
We will be putting the following into place moving forwards:
- We will accept donations of clean items of uniform that are in good condition, including shoes and trainers.
- A list of second-hand items that are available can be requested by contacting main reception.
- Items can be reserved and collected from main reception.
- We will not require payment for items although we are happy to accept small donations that would be used to support student opportunities within the Academy.
- If you would like to make a donation for an item of uniform, please inform the team at main reception who can add the item to your child’s Parent Pay account.
It is expected that students will bring their own set of equipment that they need to use in lessons each day.
Pencil case containing:
- Black or blue pen
- Green pen
- Pencil crayons or felt pens
- Highlighter pens
- Glue stick
- Safety scissors
- Geometry set
- Post-it notes
- A4 folder containing dividers
Students will be provided with a Student Planner (diary/notebook) for recording homework and an A4 plastic popper folder for storing sheets.